You might be an online shopping addict person or not but when It comes to Security measures everyone is considering about it.
1. Are you regularly checking your bank transactions?
2. Have you updated your PC?
3. SSL Encryption is here to save you
5. Have you read the shipping and return policy?
1. Are you regularly checking your bank transactions: - Ask yourself following question, when you have lastly checked your Bank Account Statements? Do you check your credit card status regularly? Have you taken any additional step for protecting your personal information on the Internet? A little pain is there doing this activity but I ensure you if you are following above activities on a regular basis then at least you can minimize the loose from any online fraud.
2. Have you updated your Computer? : - Most of the time online fraud happens due to the security leaks. Operating systems are unprotected because of security issues. Many times Operating systems are not updated as well as antivirus software is not updated, due to that, it creates opportunity for hackers to infiltrate your system. So update your anti-virus & operating system on a regular basis.
3. SSL Encryption is here to save you: - Encryption safeguards your personal data on the Internet, The secured Socket layer provides the 128-bit encryption to your data so that your personal information passes through the internet in an encrypted form. Therefore, you need to check the address bar of your web browser and see that it is HTTPS rather than HTTP, because HTTPS is the secured version of internet connection that provides encryption.
5. Have you read the shipping and return policy? : - Shipping Policy & return policy are the trickiest part of the whole game. Return within two days of purchase if not satisfied, or money back guarantee within thirty days if you are not happy kind of schemes are tricky. Most of the consumers’ thoughts that it is a good facility, but you have ever thought when you return purchased Product with unsatisfied performance; the Company can show the terms and conditions in favor to not accept the product you have purchased.
Therefore, Keep updated your system and yourself to protect yourself against online fraud.